Friday, January 21, 2011

here we go...

So I've finally decided to start writing here...not sure what this is going to be yet, but probably just a place for me to dump stuff that I'd like to share with no one in particular. Some "banal blatherings" if you will.

I'll try to keep this from being a "this is why the world sucks" whine-fest, but with all the Sarah Palins, Glenn Becks, and people like this - http://bit.ly/eJNrtl running around, there are bound to be a few entries like that.


So. What's going on in my life? Not much. Right now the dorkiest thing I'm doing to registering a team for the Grifball League. "What the hell is Grifball?" you ask? Well, my friend, it is a "sport" "played" on the XBOX 360, in the online multiplayer portion of a game called Halo: Reach. It is 4 on 4, and, using only two melee weapons each, the teams try to carry a "Grifball" (which is also a bomb) to the other team's goal, whereupon it explodes, and the offending team scores a point. The grifball carrier can run faster and has more shields than the other players, but only has access to a melee weapon with much shorter range whilst s/he is carrying the ball. Players killed during the game suffer a time penalty, but then respawn back near their own goal. A matches are played best out of 5. Got it?

OK I'm gonna go. I've been cleaning the apartment all afternoon so that I could have a couple hours of guilt-free gaming. Time to begin. Later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment